Friday, November 6, 2009

Aruba, Jamaica...ooohh he's gonna take me...

For those of you who have been living under a rock and havent seen me lately, I have great news!!!!

A couple of weeks ago, I got home from work and Scott was at class, and there was a file folder on our coffee table with a note on top that said something to the effects of "Melissa, I love you, I know you have been stressed about several things, and now winter is coming so you are going to be sad about the weather too, so I wanted to give you something to look forward to. I open up the file folder and there is a picture of Aruba...along with plane tickets and hotel reservations for January 6-10, 2010.

Why Aruba---

Let me take you back to July 2007....

Scott and I had been dating almost a year and were getting ready to go on our first "vacation" camping with a bunch of Scott's friends. We were out on Scott parents boat (so it was 2007, cuz gas wasnt $500/gallon (2008), and it was actually warm enough to go out on the water (not so for 2009). As Scott's dad was trolling us around on the dinghy, we were talking about camping and Scott's dad so nicely said to Scott something to the effect of, "Scott, why dont you spend some of your money and take this girl somewhere nice...like Aruba". From that moment on, all we have heard about from his parents is when are we going to Aruba? We go to his house and I swear his parents must DVR all the Aruba travel shows and play them, so they can say, wow, Scott, look how beautiful Aruba is.

Now, for those of you who dont know me....I love the islands. I love being warm, sunbathing like a turtle, reading my book listening to the waves crash, swimming in the ocean, feeling the warm sand exfoliate my skin...it is all amazing. I haven't been to a beach (a real beach, not North Ave. beach) in quite some time...several years actually. My afinity for beaches came to a peak my semester in the DR. Carribbean beaches are not your Florida beaches. The spotless white sand, the "island time" culture, the warm golden sun...yeah!!

So, we leave in 2 months. I can't wait. With all the holidays and maddness, rushing around for the next several weeks, it will definately be a vacation needed.

and, don't worry...I already know...My boyfriend is THE BEST!

1 comment:

  1. I am already excited about seeing those pictures. And, receiving your book list that you read while sun bathing. :) So happy you finally got your Aruba trip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete