Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weight a minute....

I've been very lucky this far in my life.  I haven't really ever had to worry about my weight.  I was able to eat what I wanted, work out when I wanted and not really worry about gaining anything. Evidently, my body has changed.  Now that I look back on it, I guess I really started gaining the weight about the time I moved to Chicago.  Slowly but surely, the LBS have become OMG's.

They are sneaky little suckers, those extra pounds. First they just come one at a time...and then they start to double.  First it's just 5 and you'r like ahhhh--- its 5 extra pounds, no big deal..then it's 10 and your buying new pants...but when it becomes 20 there is something you need to start doing about it.  You don't realize how it got this "out of control". 


with an impending wedding (yeah)- I have to put a plan of action in place to jumpstart this process (great timing right ...the week before thanksgiving)

(keep in mind 3,500 calories=1 lb)

1.  Reduce alcohol consumption- those glassses of wine a day---that's 300 calories of emptyness- no longer acceptable  (7 days a week*300= 2,100 calories a week)
2.  Simmer down the "stress eating"- now that things have settled down at work- it is the best time to start reducing this bad habit I have somehow picked up along the way.
3.  Bikram Yoga- Bikram Yoga is 90 minutes of yoga done in a room heated to 105 degrees.  According to some very brief "research" done today, a session of yoga can burn up to 1000 calories for a person of my weight.  I bought a groupon for Bikram Yoga- 20 sessions for $40.  I have use my 20 sessions in the next three months.  I will reserve a special blog for Birkram Yoga- I had my first experience yesterday---and what an experience it was).  I need to hit the yoga studio at least 2 times a week...
4.  Gym- I want to make sure to start up my cardio and weight training again.  I have rejoined yet another gym (XSport) and it appears this may be more up my alley.  There are three of them on my way home. I haven't quite figured out what I think about it yet, but so far things are going ok.  If I can do a cardio class, and some weight training, I should be able to kick some pounds off there.

SMART Goals-
I have been in the professional world for too long.  I can't create goals for myself that aren't SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timely).

1.  I would like to lose 20 pounds by April 14th (my 30th BIRTHDAY).  To hit this goal, I need to lose
5 lbs a month.  Not too shabby!  (I certainly put on pounds that quickly)
2.  I would then like to lose another 10 for the wedding (9/4/2011)...so at that point it is continuing on my current path.

So...Im off to the races!  Look for frequent updates on my challenges and successes!  I am excited to share this journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment