Monday, November 29, 2010

Harvest Time- How I have missed thee

When I lived in my old neighborhood (Lincoln Square- a whopping mile and a half from where I live now), there was this great little mexican grocery store that I loved called "Harvest Time".  Harvest time had great food, great produce aisle and even greater prices. 
Today I had the day off, and I needed to go to the grocery store to get us taken care of for the week. 
Here are the things I purchased:
1lb green grapes
1 pinapple (whole)
4 granny smith apples
bunch of green onions
3 jalapano peppers
3 sorriano peppers
2 onions
Jiffy Creamy peanut butter
3.4 lbs chicken breast
1/2 lb boars head black forest ham
1/2 lb munster cheese
salsa
chicken stock
2 cans chick peas
2 cans cannellini beans
2 cans pizza sauce
1 can tomato paste
1 can black olives
bunch of cilantro
lime juice (the kind in the lime)
chicken bouline cubes
beef bouline cubes

Grand Total...

wait for it...

$41.30

steals of the day
1/2 boars head deli meet- $2.62
1/2 lb munster cheese (from the DELI)- $1.36
3.68 lb boneless chicken breast= $4.77

And that, ladies and genetleman is why I love Harvest Time.

If you live in chicago, I highly recommend checking it out.  They have the most amazing guacamole in the city.  Its fabulous! 

Harvest Time Grocery Story
Lawrence and Rockwell
Chicago, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment